Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat Review
The Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat is one of the more comfortable car seats available. It is big and plush, has a removable toddler head rest and infant insert, has harness slots for larger children and dual cup holders. It fits children up to 65 lbs and has excellent safety features as well as high crash test rankings. The My Ride 65 carseat is a very popular model and one of the lowest priced units we reviewed with comparable features. Graco has the largest share of the car seat market in the US and the My Ride 65 is one of it’s most popular models.
Here are some of the top features of the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:
- Stays rear facing up to 40 lbs., which is longer than most car seats.
- In rear facing form it accommodates infants as small as 5 lbs.
- As a forward facing unit, it fits children from 20 lbs. up to 65 lbs.
- It features a machine washable seat cushion.
- The Graco My Ride 65 has dual cup holders.
Some of the safety features of the Graco My Ride 65:
- Eps energy absorbing foam.
- Side impact protection.
- Removable infant insert.
- Removable toddler head rest.
- 5 point Harness.
- LATCH equipped.
- Bubble level indicator.
How do customers like the Graco My Ride 65?
The My Ride 65 is one of the most popular car seats among Amazon shoppers, with 117 reviews at the time of this writing. Of those reviews, 63 customers rated it 5 stars and 24 rated it 4 stars. Overall, the My Ride 65 received a 4.2 average rating out of 5. Here are some of the most noted pros and cons of the Graco My Ride 65:
Main positives of the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat according to buyers:
- Since it is big, children are not cramped in it.
- The harness slots allow for a larger child.
- The seat allows for children up to 40 lbs. to ride in the safer rear facing position.
- This Graco seat is sturdy and has excellent safety ratings.
- Several reviewers liked the convenience of the dual cup holders which do not pop off easily like in other models.
- The big size makes it comfortable for longer trips.
Chief customer complaints about the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:
- It is a big car seat and those with small cars will have difficulty fitting it in.
- A few customers noted that you have to uninstall the seat to wash the cover.
- Several customers complained that the buckles are difficult to snap in place.
- One of the bigger problems noted was that the straps have to be reinstalled when the seat is removed.
Summary of customer reviews of the Graco My Ride 65:
Most of the reviews we read touted the excellent quality and comfort features of the My Ride 65 along with it’s safety features. We found among the reviews that many customers bought a second Graco My Ride 65 because of how happy they were with their first unit. However, there were several issues that showed up on numerous reviews and you should be aware of these prior to purchasing this car seat. One of the most notable issues is that many customers found this seat difficult to install because the LATCH system hooks are small and not easy to attach. The straps are easy to loosen but difficult to tighten once the child is in the seat and several people reported the harness to be difficult to buckle in and prone to opening due to it being easy not to buckle it in tightly. You should also note that this is a big unit which may not be as maneuverable and might not fit well in small cars.
Choosing a car seat is a matter of personal taste and needs so you should consider your particular situation and determine if the shortcomings of the Graco My Ride 65 are acceptable to you in return for it’s comfort and safety features. The large majority of customers purchasing and reviewing it were very happy with their purchase but there are important issues that we have noted in this review which merit your consideration.
Please note that the Graco My Ride 65 LX is the newest model of the My Ride 65.
Buy from Amazon:
If you found our Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat Review useful please share it below: